Friday, August 20, 2010

Mac and Lilly Spent the Night!

I hope that Lilly and Mac had as much fun as I did!
This was Mac's first time to spend the night with us.
Lilly has been here 3 times now and done quite well, thank you! :)

We started the morning out with breakfast. I made fun pancakes.
Lilly was content to have her 5 little circles with syrup in a small bowl.
I added just a tad bit of sprinkles in her plate. Dip pancake circles into syrup and then dip in sprinkles. (not alot, mom.)
For Mac, I wrote out his name in pancake batter. Made a shark and a bird.
He seemed pleased!

We then made chocolate chip macaroon cookies. (my grandma's favorite recipe.) The kids took turns adding and measuring the ingredients. They were super! Of course, they got to lick the beaters and the bowl when we were finished. For something special, since they were for dad, we added the cow, chick, duck, and pig sprinkles! :) Tasty cookies!
I wish I would have taken photos of them cooking. didn't think about it!

Mac got on the piano when no one was looking. He played the indian song....which is stuck in my head still!!!


Lilly discovered our dulcimers. She and Mac strummed them together. Sounded very sweet.

We went to school. Mac was kind of excited to visit his old stomping grounds.The kids were GREAT help in the classroom.I gave them several tasks. Mac took some things off the walls for me.

Lilly bathed the baby and organized the play area. :)

Of course, she dressed up, too!

We ate our picnic lunch in the courtyard. Jim was there pruning and trimming.At one point, Mac was showing me a white moth that he had caught in his hands. Shortly thereafter,Jimcameoutof the bushes holding something in his hand. I thought he said that he had caught a frog. oops.. cut his finger??? ouch.

The kids were terrific as we quickly headed to the dr office a block away. They were patient as they waited in the dr's waiting room for Jim to get his 4 stitches.

Lilly was funny!! To make the water come on at the sink, I told her to say abracadaba. She tried it. For the first 4 tries, she jumped back as the water on startled her. She was pretty pleased with herself in the end!!!

Except for Jim's finger...the day was great fun!!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment