It's the dog days of August!
-County fair time.
-Another year older time.
-A time to remember the birth of our first born with pride!
Let's begin with the Clackamas County Fair.
Since time began, for momma b anyhow, I have been attending the fair probably all but 5 yrs of my 56! It never really changes. Rides, carnival rides, food, music, animals, rodeo, and lots of people to watch.
I have been to the fair with many people over the years.
But, this year was made special for me because my "special, adopted family" from Sandy went with me. Or I with them? It was so cool to have folks ask if I were "grandma." I love thinking that I am. I'd take mom as a daughter any day!
Lilly spent the night before. She is soooo much fun. I enjoy her company very much. She is a doll!
Mom met us here with her guys! We watched the Kiddie Parade before going up to the fair. Always fun to see former kids on floats and on bikes.
We walked a lot at the fair. Loved watching Mac and Lilly do rides. They both are very brave!!! Mac road wild rides alone! WHOA! 
Lilly wanted to ride the wild ones, too. Some she was tall enough, others she could not.
Hello?? What is that man doing???
It was just fun to hang with my dear friends! I loved helping with Griff.


He is SUCH a doll! Absolutely love him! And Lilly. And Mac. And most definitely MOM!!!
He is SUCH a doll! Absolutely love him! And Lilly. And Mac. And most definitely MOM!!!
Thank you for a wonderful day-before-my 56th birthday at the fair, Potter family!! It was way fun!! You made it meaningful! (The whole past 2 wks have been extremely meaningful. the faith has been restored!! wink wink)
When we got home from the fair, Christine was waiting. She and I spent that evening shopping at the mall. We had a wonderful dinner at the Olive Garden along with delightful conversation! I so enjoyed chatting with Chris. I really miss her!
The birthday was spent making dill pickles and pickled garlic with Christine. But that was after a trip to Starbucks. Nice treat! We had planned to celebrate both of our bdays at Red Robin while she was home. We had moved the original dinner from Friday night to Thursday night. But, Chris would be going home on Thursday. So, we moved it to Wed. night. Alas. Anna had to babysit. We ended up settling on a coney dog at Roakes. ...traditional family favorite going back several generations. :)
IT was a wonderful bday spent with my favorite people. I can't think of anything better!!! My family....Jim, Chris, Tom, Laura and kids. missed Anna, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment