Sunday, August 29, 2010

Getting outta that box in Sunriver!!

A great way to end summer vacation!
We went on a get-away trip to Sunriver meeting up with dear friends from Olympia.

We headed out on Thursday morning stopping in Sandy to deliver freshly baked zucchini bread to our other dear friend!! We then headed over Mt. Hood into Warm Springs and Madras on our adventure to Bend.

There were so many fires burning especially around Warm Springs!
That made the air totally smoky all the way to Bend. Very sad.


Once at Sunriver, we had soooo much fun!!! We were very busy being very active. We visited this fun center in Bend where we went bowling! I love bowling!




We did miniture golf. Peaceful course!
Loved how they decorated it!



I think Jimbo had way too much fun!!! :)

Maybe this is why he had so much fun!!
We took a tour of the brewry! We tasted beer, too.
It was planned that we ladies would ask for the beer, pretend to drink it
and pass it on to our guys. Thus, they get more to drink! Sneaky, huh?
Jim didn't quite get that plan. He kept telling me to drink my beer. yuck!
Was he nuts?? Well, to be a good sport, I tried to taste several different ones.
Just don't get why folks love their beer so much!!? It's so bitter! uck!
Jim can keep it!!


Karol and I prefer our occasional wine.



All of the big tanks that the beer is brewed in are built right here in Canby at JV NorthWest. There were some mighty big tanks!


One afternoon was so nice that we went out in Steve's boat.
Floated down the Deschutes River and motored back to the boat launch.

Friday night was our night to cook dinner. Jim cooked up his famous chicken in mesquite over rice with Yoshida Sweet and Sour Hawaiian sauce. We had a green salad, stir fried zucchini, and huckleberry pie with ice cream.

Here we are on our 34th wedding anniversary sitting on the tennis court.

We spent 2 hrs playing tennis. Haven't done that since Jim and I were dating!
It was so much fun!!! They said I had good form even though I missed the ball often.
2 great friends of 30 yrs enjoying the moment in the sunshine together!

We played baseball. This is Karol's 12 yr old granddaughter.

This is Nickie, mother of Kylie, daughter of Karol and Steve.
Goodness. She must be 38? She was in my first grade class way back when!
That is how our families became friends. Where it all started!!



Again, Jim had a swell time!!


SSSCCCCOOOORRRREEEE!!!!
And on the last morning, the sun shone and 3 deer were spotted from our deck and across the golf course. A good memory on the last day!!

And thus ends a weekend of fun, laughter, friendship, and steppin' outta that silly old box! Normally, I would sit on the sidelines wanting to participate, wishin' I had the courage to just let loose.....like, dancing at that Greek place with the Octopus for Pecos' 30th bday....THIS weekend, I didn't do that. Didn't feel awkwardly shy at all....or nervous. didn't even think that way! Just went forth and had a marvelous time!!! hmmmm. Maybe just maybe, Momma B is growing up? or perhaps there is finally knowledge that when one is 56 one can just do and say who cares what others think?!? About time, lady!!!!!!













































































































































































1 comment: