That was so much fun!
I am always so apprehensive when it comes to Bunco night.
It's an interesting group.
Have gotten to know the ladies a bit better after 3 yrs of playing so that makes it
even more fun.
I was more apprehensive this time because it was my first time playing with our new member who comes from the mountain community with Pecos.
It's always that stupid insecurity of mine.
But you know what? I am so glad that D plays with us now. I had so much fun being D's partner. Not a problem. Not a worry.
Know what that means?
It has taken some time, but I have come to realize that just like the ring says,
"forever friends." I don't need to worry about anything. P and I will always be friends...more than that. I just feel that our bond is still strong....for me, perhaps even stronger.
I don't know what it is or why and I have given up trying to analyze cuz that wastes time and energy...BUT, whenever P is in the room, the world lights up!
She provides a sense of peace, happiness, goodness, and love for her momma b.
Her friendship is like an escape from everyday reality and stress.
I am so grateful that our friendship has maintained through the brief years we have known one another as well as the miles.
Yes...I LOVE spending time with the 3 kids...I love them as if they were my own grandchildren. They are teaching me to be the best grandma that I can be so that I will be ready for my own blood grandchildren which could happen in a yr or 2. :) But I will always think of L, M, and G as my special friends. I look forward to maintaining a close relationship with them. I want to be able to watch them graduate from hs and college and get married and have families of their own.
But you know, MOSTLY,
I want to maintain that very very special connection with their beautiful momma.
I just so adore, cherish, and revere her! I think of where she has been in her life
and how far she has come and where she may go. I have nothing but respect and GREAT admiration for this wonderful young lady! She is a tremendous Blessing in my life.
As much as I love hanging out with the kids, I LOVE hanging out with their momma even MORE!! To the moon and back....pinky swears, butterflys, forever and always. P, you are the best!!
Thanks Momma B! You never have anything to worry about when it comes to us!
ReplyDelete