
I talked to my mom and dad the other day. A very good wake up call!
Poor mom! Her summer back surgery (stenosis of spine) did not take.
She is still in a great deal of pain. She has been having epiderals monthly.
The last one was last week. She sees the dr this week to talk about how things are going. Guess they are trying to find THE nerve that is giving her so much pain so that they can caterize it??
Out of all the epiderals she has had over the many years, this one gave her grief.
Sometimes it happens. A rarity, though. Her legs lost A LOT of strength right after the shot. They gave out when she got out of the hospital bed. She had to be wheeled out to the car. She fell again getting out of the car (cuz she HAS to do it herself) when they got home. Dad got her walker down from attic. Now, she definitely has to use her cane!
Talked to dad on his bday on Thursday. He sounds so down and tired. Talked about his "golden years" being "tarnished." I told him that i wished that they lived up here so we could help them out. He agreed but are stuck there due to the economy. I guess i should make more trips to Medford to visit and help them out.
It is definitely a wake up call!!
I do know that my spine is going the same route as mom's. "degenerative spine"
"stenosis of the spine." mine is in the neck. it sucks. but....
I am going to keep working out and eating healthy so as not to gain enormous amounts of weight and become immobile. That was mom's downfall as she got older. The wt gain has NOT been good on her little 4'10'' frame.
Now, she can't exercise without pain. So she doesn't. Major catch-22~
I continue to take Bootcamp 2x a week. Have moved up my Curves workout to the Endurance level. Trying to start a ladies hiking group where we can go hiking once or twice a month this spring, summer, and fall. Perhaps, get some snowshoe trips in too before the snow melts!
But the biggy is......something I have always wanted to do!!!
Run in a real run in Portland. Going to do the Shamrock Run on March 13!
Christine is going to do it with me. There are a lot of gals from Bootcamp that are going to try it for the first time too. Tom and Anna said that they'd do it.
love the support of my family!! :)
So this means, Momma B. needs to go running everyday between now and March 13! And that will help me get ready for our 50 mile hike in August!!!
I just want to continue to move, be agile, and thin so that I do not end up
with a "tarnished" life in my own golden years....which are not that far away. sigh.
Poor mom! Her summer back surgery (stenosis of spine) did not take.
She is still in a great deal of pain. She has been having epiderals monthly.
The last one was last week. She sees the dr this week to talk about how things are going. Guess they are trying to find THE nerve that is giving her so much pain so that they can caterize it??
Out of all the epiderals she has had over the many years, this one gave her grief.
Sometimes it happens. A rarity, though. Her legs lost A LOT of strength right after the shot. They gave out when she got out of the hospital bed. She had to be wheeled out to the car. She fell again getting out of the car (cuz she HAS to do it herself) when they got home. Dad got her walker down from attic. Now, she definitely has to use her cane!
Talked to dad on his bday on Thursday. He sounds so down and tired. Talked about his "golden years" being "tarnished." I told him that i wished that they lived up here so we could help them out. He agreed but are stuck there due to the economy. I guess i should make more trips to Medford to visit and help them out.
It is definitely a wake up call!!
I do know that my spine is going the same route as mom's. "degenerative spine"
"stenosis of the spine." mine is in the neck. it sucks. but....
I am going to keep working out and eating healthy so as not to gain enormous amounts of weight and become immobile. That was mom's downfall as she got older. The wt gain has NOT been good on her little 4'10'' frame.
Now, she can't exercise without pain. So she doesn't. Major catch-22~
I continue to take Bootcamp 2x a week. Have moved up my Curves workout to the Endurance level. Trying to start a ladies hiking group where we can go hiking once or twice a month this spring, summer, and fall. Perhaps, get some snowshoe trips in too before the snow melts!
But the biggy is......something I have always wanted to do!!!
Run in a real run in Portland. Going to do the Shamrock Run on March 13!
Christine is going to do it with me. There are a lot of gals from Bootcamp that are going to try it for the first time too. Tom and Anna said that they'd do it.
love the support of my family!! :)
So this means, Momma B. needs to go running everyday between now and March 13! And that will help me get ready for our 50 mile hike in August!!!
I just want to continue to move, be agile, and thin so that I do not end up
with a "tarnished" life in my own golden years....which are not that far away. sigh.
On side note....
got called into the principal's office yesterday. hmmmm.
She told me that she wanted other teachers to come visit my classroom to watch me teach. Said that I am a natural. More...she said that I am good at what I do...
"REALLY good, VERY good." that I don't realize HOW GOOD i am because I am so humble. WOW. That was truly an amazing compliment!!
"REALLY good, VERY good." that I don't realize HOW GOOD i am because I am so humble. WOW. That was truly an amazing compliment!!
No comments:
Post a Comment