Saturday, October 9, 2010

Just a thought.....

So, I was reading this health column I get online. It covers a variety of issues from diets to depression. I found one particular article on depression quite interesting. And, perhaps helpful in explaining certain things to specific people?

The article, addressing depression, (which I am not) suggested that a person kinda like "adopt" another person for the purpose of doing kind, thoughtful, caring deeds for. Gives a person a sense of "feel good" endorph-thingys.
A sense of being needed.

I rather think it's like doing random acts of kindness.

I like to do that for those I care about. Special friends and family have been recipients of many a card, letter, text or flowers as expressions of my own passion for them. I have to agree with the article that giving of one's self does indeed make a person feel good inside. I do it to put a smile on the face of those I love. I hope it also makes their day seem a little better.

I love helping a loved one out when they need it. It was cool helping Tom paint his place. It gives me great pleasure to help the little Sandy momma out too. Now that we are empty nesters, that feeling of being needed is really there. Our 2 don't need us as much. So, we have time to give. Well, I have time to give.

Well, the article just got me to thinking. Always worry that people think me strange or weird for always being nice. At least I hope I come across as that.
actually, been hearing that A LOT at school from other teachers and especially our principal. (shrugging shoulders) If they say so? that's nice to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment