This time, my favorite 5 yr old came to visit for
an overnighter! We had so much fun!
I loved listening to Miss Lilly chat....about everything.
But, especially I liked hearing the phrase "_____hurt my feelings."
And then she explained why. "he said the baddest word ever!" Of course,
forgetting for a moment that Lilly is 5 yrs old, I think of the adult worst word.
I was quiet and just listened with a final chuckle. "he said, "shut your freakin' mouth." :) um that was pretty bad, Lilly!!
We moved on to the various tasks. So fun to become a kid and play along side of my little princess!
We made Zucchini bread from this humungous zucchini.
Lilly is such a good egg cracker!! She got lots of practice here!
She got to crack 8 eggs!
She is now measuring mini marshmellows for the Rice
Krispie treats we are making for Jim and Tom. (and us.)
We also made a few carmel apples.
Lilly said she was great at washing apples.
And....she was!
The most fun came with the "laughing" skull and pumpkin!
Oh boy! I was ready to send them home with her! Mom woulda loved me
for that! Lilly had a GREAT time clapping in order to make these objects
laugh. Over and over and over and over and over again and again and again.
But, she was having fun so I just turned a "deaf" ear ...hahaha
And then we got down to business...
Carving a huge pumpkin! She said she knew how to do it!
She wasn't kidding! She designed the face and did most of the carving
herself! Tough little hombre! Love the pumpkin! It has her name etched on
the face and on the back of the head. It sits politely on our front porch!
Ain't it a beauty!! Ain't Lilly a beauty!!
And then, the iTouch! She spent lots of time typing random letters on
the note pad as well as playing some of the math and reading apps.

There were many snuggle moments with Rosie.
There were many snuggle moments with Rosie.
I enjoyed having Miss Lilly spend the time with us!
I was pleased to see Jim and Tom converse with her too.
Lilly is a sweetheart who will always have a special place in my heart!
I look forward to the next visit!!
Thank you for having her over...the time she spends with you is very important and special to her!! You are an amazing g-ma to her!!
ReplyDelete