Monday, February 20, 2012

Mixed emotions

Well, ok. The kids are all moving on with their lives. I am excited for both of them, Christine and Tommy. They are off on to separate adventures.


As I think about it, I am excited yes. Sad, yes. having regrets, yes.
Chris and Mike are doing what I have always wished that Jim and I would have done. Moved our little family to Eastern Oregon. How cool to have moved into an old farm house with history. To have acreage to move around on. To enjoy real wild life from your porch...rather than trains, a movie theater, and a grocery store. A 100 yr old farm house on 40 acres with a river. Wow! That is so awesome! Like Christine said, what a great place to raise a little boy.

I am thrilled that Tom is finally going to do the profession he wanted. I am thankful that Dixon helped him and is there as a boss, mentor, and friend. I am even more grateful that our nephew and his wife are there for both Tom and Anna. Gold Beach will be an amazing adventure for them as they are off on their own, basically.


But they will be 5 hrs away. As will Christine. It is not like we can jump in the car spontaneously and drive the 2 hrs to see her.
I will miss that. I will miss having Tom drop in daily for his lunch.
I will miss both he and Anna being here....so close by.

I am grateful for the times of late that I have had with our wonderful little grandson. I will truly miss the little bugger.
I know that I will be heading over to Milton Freewater to visit for a couple of weeks during the summer. Looking forward to that!
I know that Jim and I will be heading down to Gold Beach during the summer, also. (Teddy has a Ladies Salmon fishing derby planned for 4 of us in early August.)

It's such an odd feeling....happy but sad. Excited but dismal. Actually, I am kinda numb. All of this has been happening so darn fast. I can't keep up!
Guess I have to. But, still, I am here in Canby. We won't have family close by. It will seem very very lonely. I guess it is true. Family is everything. They may move away but they are always family. Gotta love them! And I surely do!

Guess that is the circle of Life? Have babies. Love them, nurture them, raise them to be healthy, independent, successful caring adults and go out into the world?

Wish it were that easy to accept. sheesh. I 'd like to say that I wish I had a shoulder to lean on. guess it best to be Jim's shoulder. He's always there. We are always there for each other. Just not sure he understands what I am feeling. He's only getting the angry side. oops. Stress. it does funny things to a person. oh well. onward and upward we go as Jimbo and I enter ANOTHER new phase in our life together. Truly, we will be empty nesters! Right or wrong, I have mixed feelings about that. because family has always been important to me. I am glad that the kids are only 5 hrs away, even though they are at the opposite sides of the state, they are healthy, alive, and doing well. We will talk and visit as often as possible. In the meantime, Jim and 52 kindergarteners will garner my attention. and anyone else that might need me. hint hint

No comments:

Post a Comment