Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shamrock Run


Wow! I could get into this running stuff!
I am so grateful to my longtime good friend, Dana!
She was born running! ;)
This was my first official race. I made my goal...to finish.
I ran most of the 3.1 miles. I think I ran 2 3/4 miles and walked about 1/4. I think my time was a couple seconds over 51 minutes. not too bad for a beginner.
It was an experience. Just wish that my family could have been there to watch. Wish that Jim at least would have come. Oh well. No big deal! I probably would never have found him in the sea of people.
I am hooked! Told Dana that I would love to do another race!
She gave me some good advice! Have known Dana since I was a kid! She is Jim's age. Our kids are the same age and were good friends from kindergarten to high school! They still keep in touch. It was great to hang out with her today and catch up on family news and memories. :)
It rained. It was cold. It was crowded.
But it was a great experience!! An I am ready to do it again!
In fact, there are some from Bootcamp who have asked me to do the Warrior Dash in Sept. Sounds like fun but I do have to say that $65 is a lot of money just to romp in the mud when I can do that at home for free!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment