Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Bottle Tree!!

The Bottle Tree is complete.
Well, the base is. Jim and Danny welded the trunk and branches from
rebar (?) at work on their day off. Bless their hearts!


It looks terrific. About 5ft tall. It has room for 24 wine bottles.
I love the look of the cobalt blue bottles. I will find other colored bottles, too.
Not liking the Busch beer cans, though!! Sorry, Jimbo!


Now, to find the perfect spot to "plant" it! Looks like Rosie might
be up for digging a hole for the "tree?"
Well, wherever we "plant" it, it has to be were the sun will make the bottles glisten. And, of course, where we can see it from the kitchen nook windows.
Maybe close to the back door? You know, so it will do it's job of keeping away
those "evil spirits." haha
hmmm. Maybe we could work on this as an extra income. I could see us making them. Selling them at Garden shows!! Maybe I could then retire??
Can't believe that I am a 32 yr veteran teacher, working long hours each day
and I get to take a $5000 pay cut as well as cuts in bennies. grrrrrrrr.
well, THAT is another story, an "evil spirited" one. :)
(must keep up a sense of humor.)
Uh oh. Jimbo is trimming again! He has "whacked" most of our trees in the back yard!! OUCH! At least he can't trim the Bottle Tree!! whew. must go supervise!


NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


The poor myrtle tree! However will I reach those leaves
for cooking?? (bay leaves) Why does every tree that Jimbo trims
look like a stalk of broccoli?




No comments:

Post a Comment