Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oh Good Grief!! yawn (flowers and friends on the brain)

Sometimes, wouldn't it be nice to be able to UNPLUG THE BRAIN!!!!

S0, I woke up again at 1:30am thinking. Just thinking. Stayed awake for a couple of hours. Couldn't sleep because the old brain was working overtime?!
Two things were buzzing around in my head!!
First, I was thinking about our trip to Little Crater Lake last week.

We crossed a lovely green meadow on the way to the little crystal blue lake. There were lots of wildflowers in bloom. Many I could identify.
But I didn't have a clue about these sweet, fluffy white ones. They were as soft as a kitten's fur. I had meant to look them up when we got home but I forgot....until 1:30 this morning.


So, at 1:30 this morning, I was on the computer looking up Oregon/Pacific NW wildflower websites. Forty-five minutes later, I gave up the online search. Got out my two old books on flora and fauna of the northwest. BIG DUH!!! I found the flowers!! They are called, American Bistort. They love to grow in moist, alpine meadows! Fancy that!!


Another mystery solved in the wee hours of the early morning!!
(the moon and one planet were shining together at that hour! Lovely sight.)

Secondly, I was remembering sweet memories of a time gone by.
And thanking my lucky stars that I had this time and these people in my life.



when Mac was in Kindergarten. when we first met.


Watching Mac play Canby baseball.


Mac's bday at the Canby bowl. Lilly's bday at Pump it Up.

College graduate celebrations for our own two kids....



such a special little family. I loved playing "nanny" so often.
Still my favorite pic:

The things you got me to do outside my box!!
clowning around. Partylite candles.



Bunco! And new friends!

Thank you for some extremely treasured memories!



























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment