Into the last week of Jessie's Bootcamp!
It's been 5 weeks of a lot of work! The hard work is paying off! I can't believe just how much it has toned the body! Wowzers!
But I suppose that when you do a total of 150 sit-ups, push-ups, squats,
lunges, jump roping, step-ups on the park benches; well, you are bound to tone up quickly. And running so much? Lots of jumping!! Just an awesome time. And many young gals as well as a couple of us older ladies. I have enjoyed getting to know them and spending time getting to know Donna better!
It has been really a lot of fun. I have surprised myself by forcing myself to work harder with each class. I can run much farther without stopping. I CAN do 30 push-ups without stopping. My abs feel so tight that if one punched me, I don't think it would hurt! Cool!!! (But don't try it!! :)
Actually, it was measurement time at Curves on Friday morning.
I workout there every other morning as it's a different kind of workout. Bootcamp has definitely made me stronger so I can really go farther on the workout machines at Curves. Anyhoo.....I have lost a total of 10 inches overall on the old body! 3.5 on the waist. a tad on the tooosh. A lot on the arms, thighs and other areas. nice. :)
The best part is.....as hard as some of these workouts are, they haven't hurt my neck or joints in the other areas of the body. More, I think toning the muscles in those areas has helped out a lot. That was one of my goals. The other was to keep from being fatter in order to not have major spine issues like my mom.
I am just so excited! Doing the next 6 wks too. This time, Anna will be joining me! Looking forward to it! Now, if only to loose weight. Have gained. oh well.
I feel better and that is what counts. Like my old kindergarten friend (who is 10 yrs younger than I) said, we have to take care of ourselves those of us who teach and give and give and give of ourselves. She knows. She had a major heart attack last month the day after her daughter's hs graduation. We all need to slow our lives down. Take a moment out to smell the roses, so to speak. Catch our breath. I saw a wonderful quote the other day.....
something like, "make time for the quiet moments for God whispers and the world is loud." That is so very true! And sometimes, God speaks within friendships.
Soon, I will be hiking up those 2 mtns. The best places to be still and listen are on top of mtns...close to Heaven.
Be healthy. Be well. Be still. Slow down. Listen with your heart.
Enjoy each day. Be positive. Practice random acts of kindness. Be thankful. Remember those who love you and those you love.
Ps. be sure to see the "good grief" blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment