The son gets ready to leave the valley for the beach!
Both kids will be 5 hrs away! At the opposite sides of the state!
We headed to Gold Beach on the very very south Oregon Coast.
20 minutes from the California border.
Jim and Anna went on Friday morning in the pickup with this U-haul.
Tom, Brad, and I left after work on Friday night. We got there after midnight. yawn.
[
This is the front porch of the house that Tom and Anna are moving into.
Jim's nephew Ted built it.
This is the herb garden.
-
There is a deck that looks out at the ocean.
Ted and Ursula are buying that A-shaped house.
-
The boys worked hard! They were spraying for the bugs.
Thousands of carpenter ants and huge spiders. shudder.
Brad is caulking the trim around the windows. It was this window
that we thought we found a tarantula. The boys hollered. (screamed?)
It was the biggest spider we'd ever seen and it was hairy. I saw it run sideways
in the window trough. Honest! It DEFINITELY looked like a tarantula to me!
Actually, it was a little bat. The boys took off the trim so it could fly away. I suggested to
Anna that we move away from the window in case it flew towards us. I covered my head just to be silly with my t-shirt. Heck! The darn thing DID fly at us. I saw it coming for me and dropped to the ground on all fours faster than a nickel dropped to the floor!
There were 2 more bats snuggled in that area.
We all had our jobs. I was the "Spackle Queen!" Anna and I painted. I decided that we should go into the mud, tape, texture, paint business. We would be called "the Hippy Chick Painters"
Jim fixed the doors, locks, and the electrical stuff.
We had a few visitors. Ted and Ursula came by with their 3 dogs.
This is the one I would LOVE to bring home. This is Baxter the pug.
He is so cool!
Police Chief Dixon stopped in to see how we were doing.
He also measured Tom for rain gear.
He's such a stud!
Doing the windows, too!
The master bath....
The living room that looks out at the big yard and the ocean.
The pellet stove in the living, dining, kitchen area.
The kitchen.
On the way home, I had Jim pull over to get a photo of this sign.
I had seen it the last time we were heading south.
Had to get a photo for my special little buddy and his momma.
Who'd thought that someone else would have his name?
Busy weekend....glad to be home. ah...now to get ready to head 5 hours
to the other side of the state to see the daughter.
Come the end of June....I can then put my feet up and visit the fine folks in Sandy and Olympia.
The place looks awesome! So excited for them and they are so blessed to have all of you amazing helpers!!! That rocks!
ReplyDeleteI love the Griff sign...pretty cool. such a great name in my opinion (0;