
In Memory of Jerry Mac Griffis, father of my best friend and more, Laura.
The above is my favorite photo of the day. I have so much love and respect for this incredible young lady. The memory of this day will always be with me as I recall just how amazingly strong this girl is! I love her with all my heart!
Alpine, TX
Honor Guard
The procession from Alpine to the cemetary in Ft. Davis

The photo below will always be etched in my memory.
The determination in Laura's beautiful face. She handled this day with extreme dignity,
love, respect, and sorrow.


Both Laura and John Allen shoveled the first scoops of dirt into their dad's grave.

Mac and Pat.

Jim also participated.

This was such a different experience.
A good one! So very personal. Amazing.




This is one other of my favorite photos
of this sad day. Poor Lilly Belle. So hard for a 6 yr old to understand
let alone a 34 yr or a 57 yr old.













Mac did an amazing job for someone so young having
to go through the trauma of a loved one's passing.

Jerry's siblings

Pat was on my mind. I know that he was very close to
Jerry, too, and that this was hard on him as well.
Driving into the farm
There is great pride in the name, Griffis.
Everyone that we spoke with in town seemed to know Jerry Griffis well.
His reputation for being a kind hearted man of moral and value, courage and
opinion was well known. He was a bigger than life kind of guy! I wish we could have
known him better. But, I know that when I see his wonderful daughter, I see him!
She has her dad's strength, virtues, courage, and kind heart...and oh, so much more.
Loved meeting Laura's aunt and uncle! And chatting
with Lindsey.
So many people. So many friends. So many cowboys.
It was so obvious that Jerry and Laura as well as her current family
are all loved and respected.
The next morning, Jimbo and I visited the gravesite to pay our respects
in a quiet way.
I noticed that from the site where Jerry lay,
he can see his special Barry Scobee Mtn and his
house.
In the afternoon on Sunday, Mac and Jimbo went up the
hillside to find Mac's Uncle John's favorite spot.
Buster let Jimbo drive his Jeep! I went for a while
but it got rather cold so I hot footed it back to the cook house.
It was a sad trip. A spur of the moment decision trip.
A mutual agreement decision by both of us to go....
with the idea being to support our Laura. I hope that we were
of help to her. Bless her!
Remember, Laura....Your dad is ALWAYS with you. Believe. Have Faith.
Where he is now and always, he loves you and is watching over you. and your family.
I have NO doubts about that!!!!
Thank you for sharing this for those of us who were unable to attend,but were there in heart and prayer. Laura prayers with you, I couldn't imagine you loss. We are daddys girls always.
ReplyDeleteI am Jerry's sister and this is very beautiful...thank you...
ReplyDelete