It made the backyard come alive with the various birds
and old friend, "Joseph" the squirrel!
Of course, I had to take care of everyone! Suet in the feeders,
black sunflowers in the others, corn and peanuts for the jays and
squirrels. They all seemed very happy!
The Oregon junco.
A scrub jay.
A sparrow of some sort.
A flock of bushtits. (no, seriously. that is what they are.)
the Song Sparrow. He makes such a sweet song.
Melts my heart. Good to see the pair in the yard again.
tried to land on top for a drink. Alas, no running water.
Yes. Of course, I turned the fountain on after that!

Science experiment! Did you know that a glass jar of water
Science experiment! Did you know that a glass jar of water
will freeze solid? And that water expands when it freezes?
ouch. broken glass! :) (yes. I knew that)
I had my binoculars ready as well as the camera.
I had hoped to get a photo of the Downey woodpecker and the chickadees.
But they came and went too quickly.
When the temp is so cold, and snow is on the ground...take a few moments to feed the birds....seed and water!
When the temp is so cold, and snow is on the ground...take a few moments to feed the birds....seed and water!
No comments:
Post a Comment