After considerable thought, I decided to just leave Jim!
No...not that way! He is ALWAYS at the gun club. This weekend
we were invited to join the kids on their annual Olallie Lake camping trip. I was greatly annoyed that Jim just HAD to work both Friday and Saturday at the GC. Hmmm. Do I sit at home and get more angry? Or do I just go by myself!! Myself won!!! :) (always seem to have to prove to myself that I can be independent if I want)

There was still too much snow at Olallie Lake so the kids
set up at Triangle Lake Equestrian Camp about 3 mi from Olallie.
The above is that little lake.
Yep. There was snow on the main roadway!
And it's the end of June.
Anna took me on the back of the 4-wheeler to Olallie.
She's so much fun!!
Ah....Saturday was INCREDIBLY beautiful!
Not exceptionally warm. It was a very cold night.
Not exceptionally warm. It was a very cold night.
32 degrees when we woke. The beer pong cups were frozen!
And yes! I played!! :) And yes! An old lady can let her hair down
and join in the fun with the younger ones! Bless them for letting me
tag along!! (i am so tired of sitting back, being prim and proper, shy, and watching life go by! Wish others would take note of that.)

It was so nice that we decided to try hiking around the lake.
Ah. But the road was covered with snow!
That didn't stop us!
I got to break in my new hiking boots!
They worked perfectly! Ready for that 65 mile
hike in 3 weeks!!!
Mr. B, can you make one of these in the backyard??
This is Brad Kenagy. He and Tom have been buds for
24 years! He is Dennis and Cindy's son. What a wonderful
young man!! I enjoyed spending time getting to know him better!
the campsite! "Tent City."
I so look forward to that big hike next month with these 2!
The gang made a "bottle-can tree" to decorate the
campsite!
Tom and Anna made everyone breakfast each morning!
Tom and his best friend David. David
makes humongous campfires! yikes!
We tried our luck at fishing. Over 3000 trout were planted the day before we came up. Several hundred brooders were stocked too.
Brooders??? The big fat trout....that look like salmon! We saw several being hauled away. oh how Anna and I wanted to get one! But we did not. alas! And then I left my trusty fishing pole behind Tom's truck. I forgot about it and Tom went to leave. He ran over the reel. So now I have none. Oh well.....
And this was what interrupted Beer Pong!
Brad was my partner and suddenly he yelled..."Stop!"
He grabbed his camera, yelled "Sunset!" Of course, we grabbed our cameras and ran after him to Triangle Lake.
The frogs were croaking. The Night Hawks were flying at our head level.
And the sun was indeed setting! Perfect way to end a wonderful last day at the lake!
No comments:
Post a Comment